Monday, January 12, 2009

January 2008 My first halfway across country letterboxing trip !!!


The first of the new year found my two children and I traveling to meet a LOT of WONDERFUL letterboxers in North Carolina at Dixie's event.

I left El Reno, Ok on Thursday morning and we reached Jackson, TN by 5 pm that night. We got up the next morning and made it to Fletcher, NC by around 6 pm. We met with Knit Wit that night at McDonald's.

The next morning we met theseekers1108 and unfortunately while leading me to a park to grab some boxes I left a memorable impression on them...
I wasn't the only one to rearend them that day two hours later another lady got inbetween us and theseekers and tapped them too. What a day that was!!! Mountain Mysteries and Legends was GREAT and the Event stamp was Impressive - great job Raven Wolf (I will have to make it to CO sometime to meet all the wonderful carvers and boxers out there)

Our next adventure is to go back to North Carolina for theseekers1108 Movie Madness: Take 2 event on Jan 31st. My hubby is able to accompany the kids and me this time so hopefully no impressions will be left... We will be stopping in AR to meet Shiloh and do some boxing (I believe he will get a Goofy experience by doing box maintaince with us as we box).

Type at ya later and remember that "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely but to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand and cola in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO!!! What a ride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

GG D