Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home... Home on the Range!


bansheeandme sent me this card of an homestead cabin it is one of RW Tyler's drawings and apparently sat on the west edge of Fritz Creek, Alaska. I imagine it a full tundra range. The postcard goes on to say that it was built in the 1930's by local men and was witness birth and death, marriage and family life. It was partially burned out in the 1960's. A wild flower garden is displayed in the front yard.

banshee writes "Hello Children, I live in Alaska and I think it is the most interesting state. In the winter it is very dark and we only see the sun a few hours. In the summer, it is never dark, the sun shines bright even at midnight. Most of the people here live without water and plumbing in log cabins like this."

She included her address but I don't usually send a postcard back. Should I be, Trekkie Gal?

1 comment:

Thanks for reading!

GG D